Diabetic Foot. Medical advice
How can I prevent a diabetic foot?
Prophylaxis and early treatment of the condition is the key to success.
The patient himself can contribute greatly here: A few rules can help to prevent the development of a diabetic foot disease.
- Look out for shoes without hard stitching or sharp edges
- Shoes should provide enough room for your foot
- Feel inside the shoe every morning before putting it on to make sure that there is nothing inside it
- Pay attention to good foot care and foot hygiene
- If you yourself have trouble removing calluses and taking care of your nails, take advantage of the support from professional foot care services
- Diabetes affects very different organ system in the body. Have yourself looked after by a practice specialising in diabetology. This is where the necessary knowledge base is located and if need be you will be passed on to a specialist for particular questions