Orthopaedics. Medical Care
Full range of services in orthopaedics.
Not only do we perform the full spectrum of planned and emergency surgery on the musculoskeletal system; we also provide conservative (i.e. non-surgical) treatment for a wide range of medical conditions and physical injuries across all age groups. In addition to providing treatment during the acute phase of a medical condition, we can also provide early rehabilitation in the patient's own home. We also have particular expertise in the fields of sports orthopaedics, children's orthopaedics and orthopaedic (bone) tumours.
Specialisation: Orthopaedic Rheumatology
In addition to providing a daily consultation service and weekly appointments with the doctors in the rheumatology and children's rheumatology departments, we can also offer advice in a special orthopaedic rheumatology consultation. Patients with rheumatological conditions will receive early rehabilitation treatment from our department working in close collaboration with the rheumatology department and the children's rheumatology department. Our interdisciplinary medical treatment is supported by specialised physical therapy, occupational therapy and nursing care.
Our specialist areas include
- calcaneus and mid foot
- joint arthrodeses
- joint-preserving corrective surgery
- first metatarsophalangeal joint arthrosis
- small toe malpositions (hammer and claw toes)
- nerve compression syndrome
- rheumatic diseases of the hand
- preventive and reconstructive hand surgery
- hand and finger joint endoprosthetics
- removal of inflamed tendon sheaths and synovialis
- soft tissue techniques for stabilising the wrist
- partial or complete stiffening of the hand joint
- correction of long finger deformities (swan-neck or buttonhole deformity)
- thumb and finger arthritis
Specialisation: Sports orthopaedics.
The department has an international reputation in the treatment of elite sports stars and provides treatment for a number of leading Hamburg sports associations. As the official medical partners of the Hamburg-Schleswig-Holstein Olympics team base we provide all the medical care for Hamburg's Olympic athletes.
We treat all types of injury affecting joints, ligaments, tendons and muscles. We will provide you with insoles and shoe fittings exactly to suit your requirements.
Injuries to the knees, hips and shoulders
- Among other things navigated arthroscopies on shoulders, knees and hips
- endoscopic and open rotator cuff reconstructions
- endoscopic and open shoulder stabilisation operations
- endoscopic arthrolysis operations for shoulder stiffness
- Mobilisation under anaesthesia
- Reconstruction of acromioclavicular joint fractures
- Microfracture surgery, cartilage, bone and cartilage cell transplantations
- Care of injuries to muscles and tendons
- Ligament replacement surgery e.g. anterior and posterior cruciate ligament replacement
- Differentiated care of patellar luxations
- Meniscus refixation
- Axial corrections
- Care of tendon irritation (tendinitis) surgically and conservatively
- Shoulder surface replacements (caps), socket replacement, shaft prostheses, bipolar prostheses, inverse prostheses, other joint replacement operations
Injuries to the foot and ankle joint
- the treatment of fractures and cartilage injuries to the foot and ankle joint
- Correction of malpositions in the forefoot and hindfoot
- Joint replacement operations
- Joint examination using an endoscope (arthroscopy) of the upper ankle joint
- the treatment of instabilities by means of ligament replacement surgery on the ankle joint, on the tarsus and midfoot.
- the care of fresh and old tears to the Achilles tendon
- the treatment of tendinitis by surgical and conservative methods