International Medical Center. Our Specialisations
Specialisations are all orthopaedic and neurological illnesses.
Our specializations include rehabilitation treatment of all orthopaedic diseases and most neurological illnesses, cardiopulmonary diseases, malignant tumours of the nervous system and of the bones. Furthermore, we are offering follow-up tumour treatment to boost the weakened immune system.
We are particularly specialized in internal medicine and cardiac surgery rehabilitation.
We are able to treat all disorders affecting joints, intervertebral discs and the spine, our treatment being either part of a conservative approach or providing therapy after surgeries of the musculoskeletal system.
We are specialized in rehabilitative treatment of diseases of the peripheral nervous system and the spinal cord, pareses of all kind, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy and cerebral diseases including stroke and cerebral haemorrhage.
Vascular and cardiopulmonary diseases
We perform rehabilitative therapies for circulatory disorders of the legs, e.g. hardening of arteries due to smoking and after all kinds of vascular and cardiac surgery.
We are offering follow-up rehabilitation once the patient has concluded tumour treatment (chemotherapy / radiation therapy).
Internal medicine/cardiac surgery rehabilitation
Patients with complex internal medical diseases and those who had cardiac surgery.
By incorporating the International Medical Center within the Schön Klinik Vogtareuth, the full spectrum of state-of-the-art diagnostic methods can be available around the clock.
In particular, these methods include the following:
- All laboratory services
- Comprehensive internal medical diagnostics (e.g. extended ECG, stress ECG, pulmonary function, gastroscopy, all ultrasound procedures, etc.
- All radiology services, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging
- EEG, evoked potentials, EMG, NCV
- Muscle function analysis with computer-assisted training equipment
Medical treatment methods.
- Topical and systemic drug therapy
- Complex pain therapy, including intra-articular injections and nerve/plexus blockades
- Diagnostic and therapeutic lokal anaesthesia/neural therapy
- Manual therapy
- Natural therapies
- Physiotherapy (e.g. therapeutic exercises based on the Bobath concept)
- Physical therapy (e.g. massages, electrotherapy)
- Medical training therapy
- Speech and swallowing therapies (native speaker)
- Neuropsychology (native speaker)
- Dietetic therapy
- Special therapies (reflexology, acupressure, etc.)
- Psychological therapy
- Relaxation therapy (autogenic training, Qi Gong, Jacobson progressive muscle relaxation)
- Robot motion (Locomat)
- Arabic music therapy